- 1 16-oz package of gnocchi
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard (Grey Poupon is a good one!)
- 4 oz Fontina cheese (grated)
- 4 oz Gruyere cheese (grated)
- 4 oz Gouda cheese (grated)
- 4 oz Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (grated)
- 3/4 C milk
- 1/2 C breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to season
- Basil for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F & bring large pot of water to boil on stovetop.
- Spray shallow baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Once pot has began to boil, cook gnocchi according to packaged directions. When gnocchi is cooked, they will float to the top of the pot.
- Drain gnocchi and spread in a single layer across the baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and garlic until garlic is fragrant.
- Whisk in flour until it becomes thick and bubbles. Add milk and dijon and continue to whisk for 3-5 minutes.
- Slowly add handfuls of the cheeses while whisking.
- Once cheese is completely melted, season with salt and pepper. Pour cheese mixture over gnocchi and bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Return to oven for 10 minutes or until top is a light golden brown.
- Fry basil and pat dry. Use to garnish.