- Porcelain plate
- Painters tape
- 2 paintbrushes; 1 large, 1 small for detailing
- Chalkboard paint (Martha Stewart or Dick Blick brand is recommended)
- Exacto knife
- First, wash and dry surface of plate to remove any debris.
- Tape off the edges of the plate.
- Squeeze paint into the center of the plate. Using the larger brush, work paint towards the edges of the plate. You will be able to see the brush strokes, so work as evenly as possible. Allow first coat to dry for 1 hour or until completely dry.
- Apply second coat. Let dry for 30 mins before gently removing tape. The top coat will not be dry at this time, but this is to avoid the paint getting stuck to your plate.
- If there are any messy areas, use your exacto knife to gently scrape excess paint away. You can also use the smaller paintbrush for touch ups at this point
- After tape is removed, let paint dry to touch; about 30 more minutes. Paint will be cured after 24 hours.
- Use chalk to label cheese displays so that your guests know their options; Enjoy!*After use, wipe clean with a damp cloth or sponge.